Rain needn’t put paid to a happy family holiday. Here are some things you can do if the heavens open in a remote, all year climate destination. Ahem.
- Tweet the hell out of Twitter until you are practically the only tweets in your Twitterfeed.
- Pull the blackout curtains. Convince everyone it’s already nighttime and go to bed.
- Watch Bridget Jones on the hotel TV. In Spanish.
- Learn Spanish.
- Find the only English channel, showing a cheery film called, ‘Dead Before Dawn.’
- Envy the people who are dead before dawn.
- Open the mini-bar. Then remember you’re 7 months pregnant.
- Wish you’d bought a giant Toblerone at the airport.
- Let the kids drink Coke and eat sandwiches in bed. Before realising they’ve eaten them on your side of the bed. ‘Oh crumbs,’ you say (or something slightly more graphic).
- Count the minutes until the all you can eat buffet opens. Glamorous.
All of the above have been road-tested for your benefit. For other similarly constructive posts and thoughts come and hang out on Facebook at Surviving Life and Motherhood.