If you fail to achieve your New Year’s resolutions EVERY year, then you’re doing it wrong.
You need to set simpler ones. More attainable ones. Easy ones.
Here’s my list:
- Keep a pack of tissues in my bag at all times. So I can finally achieve proper ‘Mum’ status
- Also stamps
- And a packet of Wet Ones
Stop shouting at the kids.Shout at the kids less
- Set aside an extra hour in the morning to get out of the house. Because the two hours I’ve currently allocated clearly isn’t enough
- Enjoy the school run for the fabulous networking opportunity that it is (or just use more before/after school clubs and avoid it altogether)
- Stop obsessing about NOT doing crafts. No one ever took an A Level in assembling pipe cleaners
- Stop obsessing about whether the kids eat or not. Just continue ‘making’ delicious food (fish fingers). Ahem. And don’t mention Africa.
- Forget about being patient. Because patience is ONLY a virtue when you don’t have small people repeatedly saying ‘Mummeeeee.’ On loop continuously. For no reason whatsoever
- Tell the kids I love them. All the time. Not only is this nice for them to hear but hopefully it will also erase the multitude of sins I’ve committed throughout the day. Like shouting. Not being patient. And serving up fish fingers
At the time of publication, I had already broken no. 4 and no. 8. Also no. 1, no. 2 and no. 3 because I haven’t been shopping yet.
A very Happy New Year to you all. May peace and sanity follow you everywhere.